Saturday, January 11, 2014

2 BIG things I learned from running a drop shipping business

On March 15, 2013 I registered the domain DippedTuners.com.
 
That was the beginning of my drop shipping business. 
 
If you don't know what drop shipping is, I'm actually releasing a pretty lengthy post next week that talks about how to start one of these businesses (and make it profitable) - so look out for that. 
 
Anywhoo..
 
I wanted to talk about 2 lessons I learned from starting and running Dipped Tuners that you might find useful.
 
1. Marketing is Marketing
 
No matter what business you're in - health, finance, dating.. etc
 
...AND no matter what your business model looks like - consulting, coaching, info products, physical products.. etc.
 
> marketing doesn't change. 
 
I found that getting customers and consulting clients for Inbound Pro wasn't much different than getting people to buy physical products that get shipped to their homes. 
 
I still used Content Marketing. 
 
I still used Social Media outlets
 
..and I still used sales strategies to get people to buy. 
 
2. Cater to the Buyers
 
If your visitors have a hard time getting around your site and finding your offers, you're not going to make any money. 
 
This is a big change I made on Inbound Pro recently. 
 
The secondary navigation on the site sends visitors directly to a sales page where I make my $1 trial offer.One of the reasons I made this change was because of the sales I was getting at Dipped Tuners. 
 
People that land on Dipped Tuners are looking for products to buy so I made it easy for them to find them. 
 
I catered to the BUYING crowd. (very important in business)
 
I hope you found these 2 lessons useful. Let me know if you decide to make a change in your business (and the results of that)
 
For more lessons, videos and resources head over to http://epic.inboundpro.net
 
You can check it out for 7 days for only a buck. 
 
See you inside..
Hector
 
p.s. If you decide it's not for you, just send me an email and let me know. No hard feelings. :0)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.




2332 University ave. Bronx, NY 10468, USA

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

No comments:

Post a Comment